- Of Counsel
Bill Young was born and raised in the Town of Colonie, Albany County. He is a graduate of Christian Brothers Academy (a military high school for boys)1964; He graduated from Fordham University in 1968 with a B.S. in Psychology; Member of the U.S. Army Reserve from 1968-1974; Graduate of Albany Law School 1972 (member of Albany Law Review); Married Joan Spath in 1969; Father of Rebeka Bueno; President of Rehabilitation Support Services Inc.; Chairman of Guilderland Industrial Development Agency; Past President of Western Turnpike Kiwanis and Past President of Albany Country Club and an honorary member of the Westmere Fire Department.
Bill focuses his practice on the representation of fire districts throughout the capital district area and beyond and was General Counsel to the Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York for twenty-eight years.
He resides in Voorheesville with his wife Joan. They have one daughter and are the proud grandparents of two grandchildren.
Areas of Practice
- Representation of Fire Districts
- Real Estate
- Wills and Probate
- New York, 1973
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1972
- Fordham University, New York, New York
- B.S. - 1968
- Major: Psychology
- Association of Fire Districts State of New York
- Rehabilitation Support Services
- Westmere Fire District
- Boght Community Fire District
- Training New York State Fire Commissioners, Association of Fire Districts, 2006 to Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association, 1973 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Richard C. Johnson, Associate, 1972 to 1976
- Fenton & Young, Partner, 1976 to 1990
Pro Bono Activities
- Member and Current Chairman of Guilderland Industrial Agency, 1986 to Present
- Lobbyist for Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York, Inc.